After working for a day, your body need to rest. Sleep is really important activity which you may not skip or late, because it is useful to recharge your brain. Besides, during sleep your cells repair themselves and your body releases important hormones. Especially for babies, children, and teens, sleep enough is very important to help their growth. Sleep late and lack of sleep may be harmful for your body. It long term effect, it can cause diabetes and heart diseases. Moreover, sleep is food for the brain. Lack of sleep makes affect for performance, mood, emotion and emotion.
Facts about sleep and teens:
- People need different time to sleep, depends on their age. 16 hours for babies, 10 hours for 3 to 18 years old, 8 hours for 19 to 55 years old, and 6 hours for over 55 years old.
- The ideal is between 10 and 15 minutes to fall asleep at night.
- Dreams occur not only during REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep, also occur (but to a lesser extent) in non-REM sleep phases.
- We can only dream about people that we ever seen before, even we don’t remember that person
- Sleep disorder that makes you do unnatural movements, and you don’t even realize and remember it is called "Parasomnia"
- Sleep position may determine your characteristic
- Teens need about 9 to 10 hours of sleep each night, but most of them do not get enough sleep
- Teens who have irregular sleep patterns typically stay up late and sleep in late on the weekends, which can affect their biological clocks and broke the quality of their sleep.
- Many teens suffer from treatable sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy, insomnia, restless legs syndrome or sleep apnea.
- One of fifty teenagers still wet their bed
To avoid those things, here are some solutions:
- Make sleep a priority.
- Doing naps
- Build a comfortable room to sleep.
- Avoid pills, vitamins, caffeine, or alcohol.
- Establish a bed and wake-time and stick to it
- Try to avoid the TV, computer and telephone in the hour before you sleep.
- Try to take a bath or shower or reading a book.
- Try to keep diary or to-do lists